ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, GED or CNA is required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Sound decision making and judgment, interpersonal skills, planning/organizing, strategic thinking, time management and delegating. The ability to work independently in multiple settings. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to accurately write reports/correspondence and good verbal communication skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar or line graphs. Ability to tell time.
Ability to use a computer software program to punch in and out and request time off.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Successful completion of all required agency training. Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and have reliable vehicle to commute between multiple work locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Physically able to bend/stoop, squat, push/pull, reach above/below shoulder level frequently.
2. Must be able to independently lift and/or transfer, push or pull up to 50 lbs. No lifting restrictions.
3. Must have adequate vision, speaking and hearing ability, with or without correction, to be constantly aware of, detect, and able to respond to each individual's needs when not in immediate vicinity.
4. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
5. Sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
6. Ability to ambulate; reach with hands and arms
1. Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
2. Maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality in accordance with The Arc Otsego's standards.
3. Adhere to all policies and practices in place at The Arc Otsego.
VI. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Reasonable accommodations will be made in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and ADAAA of 2008.
Occupational Safety and Health Act: Exposed to human body fluids, airborne agents, household chemicals. May be exposed to contagious diseases.