II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Responsible for taking orders, processing sales orders and invoicing customers.
2. Maintain accurate invoices, work orders and all other sales reports.
3. Coordinate responses to all customer inquiries and complaints.
4. Confer with production & marketing regarding shipping inquiries & complaints.
5. Track delivery of products on-line.
6. Monitoring our ageing report and initiating our collection procedures.
7. Greeting visitors and staff.
8. Answering our main phone line, paging people and taking messages.
9. Sorting and distributing mail.
10. Schedule all office equipment maintenance and repairs.
11. Assist staff in operating and maintaining office equipment.
12. Responsible for maintaining and ordering office supplies
13. Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
14. Assure security of all confidential files and information on customers & consumers.
15. Assure that safety devices and procedures are constantly enforced.
16. This position requires a two week notice of voluntary resignation.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Changes approach/method to best fit the situation.
2. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
3. Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
4. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for assistance; Meets commitments.
5. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
6. Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
7. Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
8. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
9. Flexibility - Perform work on multiple concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions.
10. Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Prioritizes tasks to meet agency needs.
12. Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
13. Judgment - Exhibits sound judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
14. Motivation - Measures self against standard of excellence. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
15. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
16. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
17. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes schedules.
18. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in team problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
19. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
20. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
21. Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
22. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
23. Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
24. Technical Skills -Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
25. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED. Experience in sales, marketing and customer service. Past work experience with programs serving adults with developmental disabilities is desirable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Sound decision making and judgment, interpersonal skills, planning/organizing, strategic thinking, time management and delegating. The ability to work independently in multiple settings. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to coordinate activities between production, distribution and outside companies such as trucking firms, NYSID and customers.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports/correspondence and good communication and writing skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar or line graphs.
Must be knowledgeable about Internet software, Microsoft Office components including Word, Office, Excel and PowerPoint. Becomes knowledgeable and trained in the use of Therap for event reporting and ongoing communication.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and an acceptable driving record. Successful completion of all required agency training.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Very high degree of interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public. Highly effective verbal and written communication skills. Problem/conflict resolution skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Physically able to bend/stoop, squat, push/pull, reach above/below shoulder level.
2. Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, walk and stand.
3. Talk or hear both in person and by telephone.
4. Must be able to independently lift and/or transfer, push or pull up to 25 lbs. No lifting restrictions.
5. Must have adequate vision, speaking and hearing ability, with or without correction, to be constantly aware of, detect, and able to respond to each individual's needs when not in immediate vicinity.
6. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
7. Use hands respectively to finger, handle, feel or operate office equipment.
8. Ability to ambulate; reach with hands and arms
9. Ability to operate a computer and software programs.
1. Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
2. Maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality in accordance with The Arc Otsego's standards.
3. Adhere to all policies and practices in place at The Arc Otsego.
VI. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of that an employee comes across while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Reasonable accommodations will be made in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and ADAAA of 2008.
Occupational Safety and Health Act: Exposed to human body fluids, airborne agents, household chemicals. May be exposed to contagious diseases.