Assist individual(s) with daily living activities and provide direct care to the individual(s).
B. Implement Program Plans:
C. Maintain a Secure Environment:
D. Complete Documentation/Follow Compliance Procedures:
2. Develop and implement a schedule that will meet each family's individual needs. Pre-approval from your Community Services Manager is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, GED or CNA is required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Sound decision making and judgment, interpersonal skills, planning/organizing, strategic thinking, time management and delegating. The ability to work independently in multiple settings. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports/correspondence and good communication and writing skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage and to draw and interpret bar or line graphs.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and an acceptable driving record. Successful completion of all required training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Physically able to bend/stoop, squat, push/pull, reach above/below shoulder level frequently.
2. Must be able to independently lift and/or transfer, push or pull up to 50 lbs. No lifting restrictions.
3. Must have adequate vision, speaking and hearing ability, with or without correction, to be constantly aware of, detect, and able to respond to each individual's needs when not in immediate vicinity.
4. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
5. Sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
6. Ability to ambulate; reach with hands and arms