The Ideal Receptionist Will:
- Greet visitors, ascertain the nature of business, and conduct visitor to appropriate person, training/meeting.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, then transfers to appropriate office or takes message.
- Schedules appointments/meetings for administration and staff.
- Routes incoming postal mail and interoffice mail to the appropriate addressee's mailbox.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including email and faxes.
- Transcribes notes to computer, or transcribes from voice recordings.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Arranges meetings by reserving and preparing facilities.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations as requested.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials as requested.
- Collates, binds and/or hole punches handouts.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Provides needed clerical support to personnel at the 35 Academy site as requested.
- Sign for and distribute UPS/Fed Ex or other packages.
- Maintain the vehicle sign out sheet and notify the Fleet Coordinator of any scheduling issues.
- High school Diploma or GED
- Valid NYS drivers license
- Ability to lift/push/pull 25 pounds